Artist in Residence ---- Request for Proposals
The Town of Fairfax requests proposals to fill the position of Artist-In-Residence for a two-year term, January 1, 2017-December 31, 2018.
The position is open to all types of artists (poet, dance, sculptor, actor, musician, etc.). The purpose of the position is to bring the creative experience to the residents of Fairfax.
ABOUT THE POSITION
For the past two decades, the Town of Fairfax has benefited from the services of the Artist in Residence. These artists have given of their time and creative energy to the citizens of Fairfax. Any type of mixed media art is encouraged. Some offerings included: Open Studios, art exhibits, after-school classes for youth, working with teens in the community, art classes for adults, art workshops for the Ross Valley Seniors Club, overseeing art projects in town, and contributing art activities and projects at the Fairfax Festival and the Town-wide picnic. Artist should also maintain their own website as a way to keep the community informed of their classes and events on an on-going basis.
Our Artist in Residence receives free use of studio space in the Pavilion Loft, free use of other town facilities based on availability for classes and workshops, a small annual budget of $400 for supplies, and the title of Artist in Residence. In addition, the Artist in Residence has considerable latitude in the creation of the Artist in Residence role for the Town of Fairfax. It is expected that the artist will collaborate with the Recreation Department, provide art assistance and/or programming during the Fairfax Festival and for the annual Volunteer Town Picnic, and attend the Parks and Recreation Commission (PARC) meetings to report on activities.
Interested artists should submit a written proposal including the following information:
- Name, Address, Phone, E-mail, and website if available.
- Resume of applicable experience and education
- Three professional/personal references with phone numbers and addresses.
- An outline of the role of the Artist in Residence and programs to be offered as proposed by the applicant.
- No samples of work are required at the time of written submission. They will be required at the time of the interview. Proposals should be no more than 5 pages, including attachments.
- Proposers will be notified via e-mail if they are selected for a panel interview tentatively scheduled for the week of October 10th.
- Proposals become property of the Town of Fairfax and will not be returned. Proposers will not be reimbursed for any preparation costs of their proposals.
The written materials should either be turned in or mailed to: Town of Fairfax, c/o Recreation & Community Resources Manager, Town Hall, 142 Bolinas Road, Fairfax, CA 94930 Phone: (415) 456-5652. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Proposals are due no later than 3:00 p.m. on September 15, 2016.